Followers

Friday 23 May 2014

Woodware Father's Day Gift

Hi All
Another very early scheduled post, as it is my turn to share with you a Father's Day gift for the Woodware challenge.
I decided that I wanted to make something a little bit different, for me at least, and so I made this plaque to hang on my Sin-in-law Jason's shed.
We do tease him about the time that he spends out there. If it was bigger perhaps we could fit in a bed so that he wouldn't need to stop working, but I know that he would rather that it was big enough to fit a whole car in to work on, not just bits of one lol.
I used the Creative Palette again. I'm getting quite addicted to playing with this, only this time I used acrylic paints. I used some extender on the Creative Palette first before I added the Acrylic paints, and then I stamped into it with Bubble wrap and stamps from Stampendous NKCRS02 Wired
I'm no use with step by step photos as I never know where I'm going until I start to play, so I took a photo of some of the equipment that I used instead.
I pulled the print off on to a piece of MDF that I had first painted with Gesso.
Boy, this is so not the usual me, I even impressed myself lol.

The letters are Chippies which I covered with Versamark ink and then Black Frantage Embossing Enamel.
I sealed the background with a mixture of Matte and Glossy accents applied with a paint brush, and this is also what I used to stick the letters on.
I'm not sure that it would stand up to the outside too successfully, but as the door to Jay's shed is shielded by an overhanging roof hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.
 
As you can see I got a bit  carried away again and so I made a card out of the second print that I pulled from the palette, this time using white card.
The paler section is where the original plate was pulled by the MDF, so I stamped and embossed CRQ144 Cling Dad Words into this section and then painted it using dye based ink.
The little mice on the projects are a small in joke since Jay's shed was home to a family of rodents during the winter. I think that he will see the funny side of it lol.
I needed something to pull everything together so I added some large leaves from an old Stampendous clear set SSC022 Fall Foliage.
They were stamped and embossed using Sepia Versafine and clear embossing powder.
Here is a picture of my Palette.
As you can see I'm afraid it never gets cleaned. I just add another layer of paint or ink to it the next time I use it!!!
It still seems to work, although I'm sure that Fran from Stampendous would be horrified.
I would like to enter it in to the following challenges
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - 3D Object
Paper Crafting Journey - For that Special Man
Our Creative Corner - Love those Leftovers ( The card was made from the print pulled from the paints left on the Creative Palette, so I hope this counts as leftovers)
Have a fabulous day.
Hugs Kimx

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant use of left overs and - gosh! - I am impressed too! ;)

    Thank you so much for sharing this awesome creation with us at Our Creative Corner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic work!! perfect gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is awesome!! So much work! Thanks for joining us for our "For a Special Man challenge at PCJ! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creative and a beautiful Father's day gift. Thanks for playing with us at FSC! Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner! Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great work, love the materials did you used and th very special effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx