Followers

Saturday 17 May 2014

Woodware Sketch challenge

Morning Everyone,
It's my turn with the Woodware sketch today, and I have to say that I got a little bit carried away and made two cards, one for a lady and one for a man.
The backgrounds to both have been made using my Creative Palette which I have been having great fun playing with.
This one uses inks, bubble wrap and Stampendous NKCRS02 Wired.
I stamped and embossed Jane's lovely grasses onto an oval panel from a second piece of handmade background paper.
The background paper for the 'Girly' card has been made in the same way using the Creative Palette, inks and bubblewrap, just using slightly different colours.
The flowers were stamped and embossed using another of Jane's stamp sets onto more of the background paper.
I cut them out and attached them using silicon to give them a little more dimension.
The greeting is from a Stampendous set which found it's way into my basket recently.
Sorry Dorothy, I haven't done very well with the links or the names of the items I have used. I will have to try and amend that when we are reconnected :O)
Let's hope that Blogger is kind and this publishes on time.
I can't even check it to find out. So unless I get a text message from Dorothy tomorrow telling me what a naughty girl I am I will assume that you are all reading this with your cornflakes.
I will be packing my box for my class at Davina's. Lots of playing with embossing folders and inks.
I'm glad I decided to leave the wax paper and ironing until the autumn otherwise we would be boiling tomorrow given that we are in for some really hot weather.
Let's hope the ladies all remember how warm it gets in the conservatory, we don't want anyone passing out.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, love this card gorgeous colours but what is this creative palette you have mentioned, I must have missed something.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I thought i had left you a comment but maybe you didn't get it? I am loving the colours you have used with this card but wondered what you meant by your
    Creative Palette? Is it something you have made up yourself?
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Angela, the Creative Palette is made by stampendous and is similar to the Gelli Plate although I find that it doesn't work as well with stencils.
    I'm sure that there is something on the stampendous website or even youtube. Have fun.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that Kim, now I understand.
    I have a Gelli plate and love it, though I haven't used it as much as I would like to, it's time, time, time, where does it go, sure you understand.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx