Followers

Monday 7 July 2014

Wax Paper Resist and Embossing Folders

Hi All
Well I've made it through my eight straight days at work, and here I am facing the start of another week. Where on earth did those 2 days off go. (In fact I have just finished a day of work since once again this post got side lined !!!!)
Sorry I have been absent for a while, this post has been started about 5 times, and then much like any cardmaking  last week, a 'granny nap' took over.
Not that I don't have plenty of things that I can share with you, given how quiet I have been in Blogland just lately, in fact I could really do with blogging twice a day in a bid to catch up with things.
We had another fabulous class at Davina's on Saturday, and this time I didn't break the iron so no thinking  on my feet, we were able to play with Waxed Paper and Embossing folders.
Once again I got a little bit carried away with the samples so I think that I will split them up into a couple of posts or this will end up like War and Peace.
As usual we made a technique tag to add to their book, and in fact this time they made two so that they could remember what to do with the left over waxed paper (tag far left)
The background to this card was made using a fab Sheena embossing folder, waxed paper and kaleidacolour inks.
I added some matching punched leaves and some stamped flowers along with a Hobby Art sentiment.
This card was made with another panel of the background,
 punched leaves, stamped flowers and a different Hobby Art sentiment.
I also found a few matching gems.
The beauty of this technique is that if you sandwich your embossed waxed paper between two pieces of card before you iron it you get the positive and negative image transered to the card stock.
I placed a strip of both the positive and negative background onto one of the tags,
and the other tag had a left over piece of the waxed paper coloured with stazon inks after the wax had been removed.
The sentiment has been added by stamping it onto acetate using Stazon ink and then attaching it with a fine line of glitter glue around the edges.
I think I had better press  publish on this before yet another day goes past.
Hugs, and Happy Monday.
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this class Kim as it was so different from the others. I love them all as you know but this was a really good way to utilise the folders we all own. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx