Followers

Friday 7 November 2014

Christmas Collage at Woodware

Hi All
I'm hoping that Blogger has been kind this morning and that this post has gone through as scheduled.
I am filling in for the lovely Siobhan for a couple of weeks so that she can have some time off.
The challenge at Woodware this week is Christmas Collage so I consulted Google for a definition, and this is what I came up with.
  • A composition of miscellaneous materials and objects
  • An assemblage of diverse elements

 
I have been playing with some of the fabby new Embossing Folders from Dreamweaver that arrived for me while I have been at SirStampalot.
I can't believe that when you are reading this I will be on the last day of my 'holiday', boo hoo. It goes far too quickly. Still March isn't that far away I suppose, which is when I will be back.
I sponged a piece of cardstock with some dye based inks (red, brown and green) before dry embossing it with FJ922 Christmas Borders one of the Dreamweaver Embossing Folders.
Then I used the same brown dye based ink pad to go all over the image using the inkpad directly on to the cardstock.
By keeping the inkpad flat and using a swirling motion the ink hits the 'highs' of the embossed image which then highlights the nice pattern.
Some of my favourite embellishments at the moment are the Metallic Wax Pastes which I add with a 3/8 inch  stencil brush because I can get the wax out of the pot because of my finger nails!!
The gold shows up much better here.
I used one of the sentiments from JGS353  Festive Verse cut out with a circle die and lightly inked using the same colours.
The flourish, ribbon and pin are also from my new box of toys.
The Dreamweaver Embellishment pin has been coloured with an alcohol based marker and the flourish has been cut from brown card using DM2001 Petite Fern.
The Distressed Cotton Ribbon is also from Woodware and comes in several colours and widths.
I hope that you like my card, and join the rest of the Gang for their take on Collage Christmas.
Have a great day, and Happy Crafting.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Kim! I love that embossing folder and I really love how you used it! What a fantastic background! Have fun on your last day of vacation! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super Kim. Very nice. You'll go far!! Lolxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossing folder. Love the rich sponged colors and the gold paste on the raised areas. Great choice of embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx