Followers

Saturday 15 November 2014

Poppies for Remembrance

Hi All
It's my turn to post on the Hobby Art Blog, and so I thought that I would make a card using one of their fabulous poppy stamps to commemorate Remembrance Day.
Of course it also fits very nicely with the new Monthly Challenge that Jenny has just launched.
For the first challenge she is asking you to make a card/project using the theme of Poppies and/or Remembrance.
The main panel on my card has been created using one of the Poppy stamps from the Poppy Scene It set.
I have stamped and embossed the images on to a piece of handmade background paper and then coloured it using Distress Inks.
The sentiment is also from the same set although I masked off the embellishment above it when inking the stamp.
My background paper has been created using my trusty Gelli Plate, some green and gold acrylic paint and a stencil.
I sponged this panel with brown Distress Ink before dry embossed it using an embossing folder.
Once embossed I passed the same brown ink pad over the entire piece which highlighted the embossed images.
Hopefully you can see the gold acrylic paint a little better in this photograph.
I added some tiny peel-off dots around the oval die cut frame and also some hand drawn dots at the side of the stems on the stamped panel.
I hope that you will join us in our new challenge, but remember that you must use Hobby Art stamps.
There are lots of lovely ones to choose from, so I shall look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Happy stamping, and have a great weekend.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kim! Your gelli plate background is amazing, what a great blend of textures and colours! Love the poppy stamp! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kim. I really love the background it provides a real setting for the lovely poppies image.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx