Followers

Friday 27 February 2015

Down On the Allotment

Evening Everyone,
I don't know what it has been like where you are, but here it has been beautiful if rather cold here.
Some glorious and welcome sunshine which will have started people thinking about working in their gardens and allotments,I'm sure.
How appropriate then that one of 'Hobby Art Jenny's' fabulous new stamp sets should be gardening / allotment related.
She has been on the TV today, and this is one of the cards that I made for her show.
It is very simple but quite effective, and would make a good card for a man or any keen gardener for that matter.
I stamped the Garden Shed from The Allotment  stamp set onto Watercolour card stock using Pesto Adirondack dye based ink.
Then I used a damp paintbrush to 'move' the ink and create a monochrome watercolour finish.
The background is a fantastic new embossing folder from Crafters Companion that I just HAD to have.
It is one of their new Texture 8x8 Range called Leaf Vein.
I embossed a piece of card stock that matched the Pesto ink, and then swiped the ink pad repeatedly over the embossed paper which shows up the pattern beautifully.
I hadn't realised that the card stock was actually slightly ribbed until I ran the ink pad over it, but I think that it just adds to the effect.
I watched out to see the card on the show. It is always such a buzz to see something that you have made get shown on the TV.
The Grandchildren think it's quite cool when I point them out.
Speaking of the Grandchildren, it was the School Disco tonight.
 This is how grown up you can look when your big sister helps to get you ready. How scary is that!!
Ciaran looked very cool too although he was rather annoyed that his hair wouldn't spike up like he wanted it to. Oh dear I really am feeling very old. The kids seem to grow up far too quickly these days.
Off to play now, I have a 21st birthday card to make this weekend as well as several other things.
Bye for now. Have a great weekend.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx