Followers

Saturday 7 March 2015

Window Feathers

Evening Everyone,
Hasn't it been beautiful today? We even had to have the doors open in class today as the room got so hot.
I remembered to take the cake with me, in fact there were several others provided so I'm sure that we all came away a few pounds heavier lol.
Today's class was 'Window Cards' as inspired by a tutorial posted quite some time ago by my lovely friend  Mynnette on her Technique Time Tuesday blog.
Unfortunately the blog has now closed, but all the techniques and tutorials are still there for everyone to see.
I also looked through Pinterest for some extra ideas, and that is where I found the inspiration for this card.
I die cut the feathers from a piece of white card stock and then layered the trimmed panel over a Penny Black stamp.......................
.....................4271L Winter Ledge.
I sponged dye based ink over the stamped and embossed image before attaching it to my card.
The die cut panel was placed over this using Silicon which also gave the panel extra dimension.
I spritzed the blue card stock with Glimmer Mist, and added some Card Candi.
I found several other ideas that would work well with this stamp so I will have to see if I can get anything else finished off tomorrow.
Bye for now.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I think I have a feather die - you've inspired me to go dig it out and play with it! I never think of using the aperture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved playing with windows. Have made a decent thank you card out of the work I did on Saturday. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx