Followers

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Paper Pieced Christmas at Woodware

Hi All
It is my turn to play at Woodware again today, but I'm afraid that I am very late to the party.
I confess that I must have fallen asleep as I was writing the post and forget to schedule it, which on reflection is probably no bad thing given it's half finished nature lol.
Dorothy has chosen 'Paper Pieced Christmas ' for us this week.
I love Francoise Huge Word stamps which lend themselves perfectly to this type of technique.
I made a circular easel card for my project using papers from a Craftwork Cards paper pad and a sheet of green Magenta paper.
I added a few snowflakes to the image before I attached any of the fussy cut letters so that they look as if they are behind the writing.
Stamp and emboss the Jingle Bells onto three different pieces of background paper and again on to a large white circle of card.
Fussy cut all the letters from the sheets of background paper and lay them onto the image on the white card before sticking them in place using wet glue.
The base of the easel card has been embellished with flowers punched from the scraps of paper
and branches cut from the Dreamweaver die cut Naked Tree. This was cut from some home made glitter paper
I searched high and low for some bells to add to the card (Davina came to my rescue with a couple that she found in her stash, added with the ribbon bow) and then I remembered that the stamp set actually contained its very own bell stamp.
One of the things I love about Paper Piecing is that with a bit of thought during the cutting process you can actually end up with several finished panels which are then very easy to turn into cards.
So watch this space, as they say, cause you know I'm on a mission to use up all the left overs lol.
I hope that Dorothy will forgive me for the lateness of this post, and that you enjoy a bit of Paper Piecing inspiration from the Team this week.
Better get this posted before I fall asleep again. I've been to the gym this afternoon and I'm starting to feel sleepy.
Night night.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim love the paper piecing very effective.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx