Followers

Wednesday 7 October 2015

A wall hanging for Woodware and the Mirror Crack'd

Hi All
It's my turn to post for Woodware again today and I'm VERY, VERY late.
This week we are taking our inspiration from The Mirror Crack'd a Mixed Media challenge which Woodware occasionally sponsors, and this time round the challenge is 'Wall Hangings'.
Now this really took me out of my comfort zone as I don't think of myself as working with mixed medias, but after a trip through some fabulous clips on You tube, and the arrival of some canvas from Woodware, I took the plunge and started to play.
I'm actually rather pleased with how things turned out.
The central panel has been created using my Creative Palette, acrylic paints, stencils, translucent texture paste and gilding wax.
I also burnished through the Bubbles Doobadoo stencil with some Mixed Media Ink and Glitter Glue.
I hand stitched the canvas onto a frame made from a piece of purple card and white card stencilled with more texture paste and gilding wax.
The flowers have been punched from one of the pieces of 'practice' card before I risked pulling a print using canvas.
I attached them using silicon and added some gilding wax, glitter domes and die cut leaves.
I think that it needs to be put into a box frame when I can find one.
I do hope that you will join us this week. Try challenging yourself to something new, it can be great fun after the initial panic has subsided lol.
I would like to enter this into the challenge at The Mirror Crack'd  - Wall Hanging or Tic Tac Toe.
Have a good evening.
Hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Emma, love the background effect, lovely embellishments as well 😊😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This really is a fabulous wall hanging!
    Thanks for joining in at The Mirror Crack'd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, it's great! I always think of your gorgeous cards so this was a surprise for me when I saw it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at The Mirror Crack'd and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, The colors you used are some of my faves and it is very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing it at The Mirror Crack'd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely departure from cards Kim. I love the all the gorgeous texture and the super soft colourway. Those fern and leaf diecuts are so pretty. Like how you have hand stitched the onto your frame.

    Thanks for joining us

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx