Followers

Thursday 15 October 2015

Blue Poppies for Hobby Art

Evening All,
It has been ages since I posted, and even longer since I posted on the Hobby Art blog. Life just seems to have got in the way recently lol.
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago a fabulous new stamp set dropped onto my mat from Jenny, the October Stamp of the Month Poppy Heads.
I love poppies and this is no exception.
As luck would have it I had some pieces of Gelli Plate background on my desk and so I decided that I would use one of them as the base for my card. As it was blue I thought it would get away from the usual red poppies for a change.
This fabulous set comes with a text background stamp which I used randomly on my piece of handmade background paper.
I stamped and embossed the stems and leaves on to the bottom of the panel,
and then coloured them in using Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens.
I didn't want to have to do any masking so I stamped and embossed the poppy flowers onto some gingham background paper from my stash and then fussy cut them out.
I added some extra colour with Distress Ink and Black Wink of Stella and attached them using silicon to add a little depth.
The background to the card has been created by stamping and embossing the text randomly onto a piece of matching blue card stock from my stash.
Hope you like it.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx