Followers

Saturday 13 February 2016

Mop up Backgrounds

Evening Everyone,
I hope that you are having a great weekend. I have spent a wonderful afternoon playing with inks, and catching up with old friends.
We were playing with several of the new Woodware stamps including this beauty JGS445 Meadow Flowers.
The coloured panel was created with what I like to call a 'mop up'  technique.
It is a great way to use up ink leftover on the craft mat after sponging,
or in this case by just tapping dye based ink from a kaleidacolour ink pad or distress inks onto a clean craft mat.
Spritz the ink with some water and then wipe a piece of scrap card through it.
 Allow the card to cry a little before tapping it in to the ink again to achieve a slightly more blotchy finish.
Once the panel has dried completely stamp and emboss your chosen image onto it and then add a little extra colour by painting with more dye based ink.
I also added a little bit of sparkle with some Wink of Stella or Stardust Gelly Roll glaze pens.
I also added some hand drawn lines and a sentiment.
I keep a pile of card strips on my desk to mop up any extra ink left over when creating a card and this gives me a stash of pre-made backgrounds ready and waiting for a quick card make.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx