Followers

Monday 25 July 2016

Summer for CraftyCardmakers

Afternoon All
It's time for a new challenge over at CCM where Bec is our host looking for anything related to Summer.
I have chosen to make a card with a bright summery background created from a patchwork of hexagons.
I covered a sheet of double sided sticker paper with white punched hexagons which I then stamped and white embossed with butterflies.
I coloured the entire panel with Brushos and added some random background stamping.
Because I wanted the background to remain the focus of the card I used a black die cut floral panel over the top of it and then layered the whole thing onto red card stock.
This card was made with a leftover strip, some co-ordinating background paper and die cut flowers.
I hope that you will join us HERE for our Summer inspired challenge.
Lets hope that the weather continues to reflect our chosen challenge, although maybe if I'm honest perhaps not quite so hot. I do like it bright, don't get me wrong, but I do struggle in this heat.
So happy crafting,
Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, your card is lovely. You are always so clever with your use of colour. Have a great crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background Kim and shows those images off nicely. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim those colours are divine! Really makes me feel as if Summer could be just around the corner!

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kim! That is an amazing background.
    Lovely card.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card and the fab colours on the background. The silhouette image is awesome.. beautiful work!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx