Followers

Monday 21 November 2016

An experiment with Alcohol

Morning Everyone,
I thought that I would share a couple of cards that we will be making in class at Davina's on the 3rd December.
 We are going to be playing with Alcohol inks again, only this time using the back of photo paper.
I found the technique on Youtube and also a similar one from Tracy Dutton of Lavina Stamps using Alcohol inks and Yupo paper.
As I don't have any Yupo paper I decided to see if I could combine the technique using the photo paper that I seem to have plenty of.
I love the effect that I managed to achieve.
The only problem with photo paper is that you can't heat emboss it, guess how I know that lol.
I tried 'Flat Stamping' on to it but it didn't stand out well enough, so the obvious answer was die cut florals which I cut from black card and then heat embossed using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.

 We had a little visitor in class on Saturday.
Sue brought her Grandson along to play.
He was a very good little chap and obviously enjoyed all the attention he got. Plenty of cuddles, and I don't think anyone missed out on crafty playtime.
In fact he sleep through rather a chunk of it lol.
We are always open for visitors in class, so why not join us when we play with Alcohol inks on the 3rd December, we would love to see you.
Have a great day.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Stunning Kim, I love Alcohol inks and have loads of them, keep promising to play but never do but I will try your idea as I too have lots of photo paper. Would be interesting to know the colors used,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to say that I could remember what colours I used Roberta but I'm afraid that it would be a lie. Sorry just have fun and play xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx