Followers

Thursday 22 December 2016

A Masterboard Class

Morning Everyone,
One of the things that I have been trying to do over the past year is have a little bit of a clear out.
I have craft magazines that date back to when I first started stamping over 20 years ago!!!
So I have started to go through them to see if there are any ideas worth keeping.
One of the things that I came across was an article on creating a Masterboard.
Very up to date really given that it was published in the 3rd issue of Take Ten which came out in the early 2000s.
As well as explaining how to create a Masterboard, it also gives you a plan for cutting one up to create 10 cards.
We did this as a class back in the summer, and in order to give them as many ideas as possible,
but without creating 40 different samples, I cut my original piece of card into 4 and then tried out different colour combos using the layouts provided in the magazine.

I used a solid floral stamp and a bright coloured Kaleidacolour ink pad for these first cards.
Another Kaleidacolor ink pad, my favourite Creole Spice this time,
and some lovely leaves. This was also the colour and stamp combo used in the original article.
This stamp set is more open
which leads to a more muted background,
and also adds floral images to colour in.
I couldn't resist slipping in a couple of Christmas cards. I used a Poinsettia stamped using another Kaleidcolour ink pad.
I stamped the images onto watercolour card and used a damp paintbrush to 'pull' the colour into the leaves.
I had such fun with this, and hope that it might provide you with a few card ideas.
Off to flick through another old magazine. I wonder what treasures I will find this time.
Have a great day.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx