Followers

Monday 12 December 2016

Christmas with a Twist/Non Traditional Christmas at CCM and WoodwareWitterings

Morning Everyone,
Today I am host for a brand new challenge over at CCM, where we are sponsored once again by the wonderful WoodwareWitterings.
We would love to see your Christmas creations, but there is a twist which we would love you to play; we want to see your non traditional Christmas projects. 
Now I don't know about you, but one of my favourite colour combos is Black and White, so I decided that that would be my twist on the traditional Christmas card.
This glorious stamp designed by Jane Gill is perfect for this, although it would work just as well for a Birthday or Anniversary.
I have stamped it with black versafine ink,
and then embossed with Crystal Embossing powder, which is of course almost impossible to photograph!! When will I learn to think about that BEFORE I decide on my project lol.
I stamped the floral image twice and then trimmed the panel into a square.
I blended around the edges of the panel with black dye based ink,
and added a bow made from stripy black ribbon.
 
The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and I have added some faux stitching using a pokey tool and a Starlight 700 sparkle pen.
I also added some tiny dots of silver, and star dust glitter glue.
As it is the last challenge of the year, I decided that I would provide a prize for a second winner., so this is what I have put together for them.
Over the years I have been very lucky to work with some fabulous companies, so this is my way of saying thank you for all the fantastic products that they have provided.
As I said this stamp would work just as well for a Birthday,
so here are a couple of suggestions for you.
I hope that you will find time to join in with our challenge, although I do realize that it is a very hectic time of year.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, thanks for the visit to mine and the lovely comment. I'm loving your take on this theme. I hope your Christmas is full of fun and happiness. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card Kim. Love the design. Look forward to crafting with you in 2017. Judy
    PS - enjoyed looking around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cas card Kim. I bet it sparkles beautifully. You never get to see the true beauty in a photo - shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kim, I so want to case this design. Such a lovely card for some one to receive, nicely done! Love it.
    hugs Merry Christmas!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,
    Your cards are always so wonderfully creative! I hope that you have an absolutely beautiful Christmas!
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx