Followers

Sunday 18 December 2016

Embossing Folders made from Dies

Evening, I mean morning Everyone,
Not a Christmas card in sight today, unless you count the ones that were passed out in class yesterday. In fact that is the reason that I didn't get to post this on Saturday evening as intended, I was having way to much fun playing with non christmassy things for a change.
 We were playing with Tim Holtz Thinlets Mixed Media dies.
I love these dies, but this time I used them to create an embossing folder.
I cut them out of thick card from the back of a 12x12 paper pad and then used them to emboss the corners of all of the following cards.
Lots of lovely pastels and my favourite Unity stamp set.
Same stamps and colours just a different embossed corner. The beauty of using these dies is that there are also stencils available to match them. I used the matching floral stencil to create the background on the base card.
Now you know that I don't like to waste anything so I used the piece of card that I was resting on to clean up my stencil for the background to this card.
A more masculine feel to this one using a a fabulous Hero Arts stamp.
And one last one using a Woodware stamps this time.
I know that I am a collector of all things craft, especially stamps and dies, but it is always nice when those things that you have amassed turn out to have so many more uses than you originally thought.
I still have lots of cards to write so I had better get back to it, although I might just have one more little detour. I have enjoyed playing way too much.
Have a great day.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx