Followers

Wednesday 23 August 2017

I'm back and I cheated a little bit for CraftyCardmakers

Hello there
Did you think that I had dropped off the planet?
It seems like ages since I managed to post anything on the blog, what with babysitting duties, computer issues and sample making for the next Woodware stamp release, the weeks just seem to have rushed past in a blur.
I have missed posting pictures of several special family birthdays, so I had better start catching up, or it will be 2018 before I know it lol.
One of the many things that has suffered during my computer enforced absence has been my participation in, and commenting for CraftyCardmakers. I have been a very bad teamie of late.
I had hoped to be up and running for the latest challenge that started this week, but as usual I failed miserably.
The new challenge, hosted by Judy, is Under The Sea or At The Beach, and as I said I didn't manage to get anything made, so I cheated a little bit and thought that I would share the amazing 'birthday cake' that my daughter made for Emma.
As you may have guessed she LOVES Finding Dory and Finding Nemo. I think we must have had them on about a zillion times over the last couple of months.
As all the rest of the family were away for her birthday, Becki decided to make Emma's 'cake' out of Fimo so that everyone could share in the experience on their return from holiday.
And as you can see she did an absolutely amazing job.
Emma loved it, and the upside is that she has a permanent keepsake.
Becki even mounted it onto its own sandy beach created using sand and PVA glue.
The main body of the cake and all the figures started life as polystyrene shapes with the Fimo painstakingly shaped around them.
 I'm afraid that the pictures really don't do the whole thing justice, it really was truly amazing.
I think my favourite is the little turtle, with all the tiny details that Becki has added to his shell.
And of course Mam-ma did have her uses. I was able to provide the die cut sentiment that Becki added to the sign post.
 I also added it to Emma's birthday card.
This rather cute Tilda image reminds me of Emma.
Lets hope that you can pop along and check out what the rest of the CCM design team have created for this challenge. Who knows maybe you will find the time to join us HERE.
And let's hope that I can get back to normal in blogland, I have missed you all.
Thanks for sticking with me and stopping by.
Happy stamping and crafty hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx