Followers

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Better than a telegram from the Queen!!

Evening,
I have recently been commissioned to make several 'milestone' cards for a friend of mine.
The latest of these was for a 100th Birthday.........a milestone indeed, and one which is recognised by a telegram from the Queen.
Now in the words of my friend, my card caused more of a stir than even that telegram. How great a compliment is that.
Making a card for someone else to give is always a challenge, so I like to have a little bit of background info, like a favourite colour or things that the recipient likes.
In this case all I had was that the lady in question used to sing in pubs, so I decided that I would go for a vintage feel (given her age) and some sheet music.
I used the musical background paper for the main part of the card cut out with a large Go Create die.
I have a set of large Alphabet and Number dies which I often use on my cards as well as the sentiment all cut from kraft card with a shadow of white.
I decided that I would stick with kraft card and sheet music for the die cut flowers and leaves to tie it all together.
I really love a challenge like this, and when it is so graciously received it is always a bonus.
I have another card to make tonight for my friend's step mum so I had better get on with it.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. This card is awesome! I love the musical paper and the flowers. That is a great compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx